Japan Time

Monday, February 9, 2009

I got to use a real oven this time.

Today, after my Japanese lesson in Shimizu (I started taking lessons last week...it's rough), I went over to my manager's apartment to make Valentine's Day cookies. She has an actual oven, so I was excited about that. Amie, the new foreign teacher at Shimizu, came along as well for some baking fun.



Michiko (my manager) and Keiko, my Japanese teacher

Michiko wanted to learn how to bake sugar cookies and peanut butter cookies with Hershey's Kisses on top, so we made two batches of each. Needless to say...

there were a lot of cookies.

And, Keiko made us some awesome boiled gyoza to keep our strength up:

The cookies turned out great and the gyoza were scrumtralescent. Michiko and Keiko couldn't believe how much sugar and butter we used for the cookies, but Amie and I told them that that's how it's done in the States!

No comments: