Japan Time

Friday, April 2, 2010

A good quote for worrywarts like me...

Recently I've been thinking a lot about the future - wondering what will come next and thinking about all the things I want to accomplish in the next few years. It's overwhelming sometimes, being in your twenties...you feel like every decision you make now will have a huge (positive or negative) impact on your future.
Today I read a quote by Leo Tolstoy that really hit me square between the eyes:

"Remember then: there is only one time that is important - Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time we when we have any power."

I can't change the past, no matter how much I may want to sometimes; worrying about the future won't change it at all. So I'm going to try to remember to keep my mind in the here and now - the only place that I can really make a difference.

No comments: