Japan Time

Friday, May 28, 2010

So long, farewell...

Well, I have about three days left in Japan before I make my return to the States. I really can't believe that I'll see my family and friends in THREE DAYS. Holy cow. That's amazing.
But as excited as I am to go home, I'm just as sad to leave Japan, which has truly become my home across the world.
Last week I had a farewell party with my co-workers, friends and some students. It was incredibly fun. We started at the Ale House, owned by our student and home of the "Brianna Cocktail." Then we moved on to another izakaya for a few hours. And after that, the hardcore party-ers went to karaoke - for six hours. That's right... 11 pm - 5 am, singing our hearts out. This was not your typical all-night karaoke deal, either, where half of the members are asleep by 3 am. This was six hours of belting out anything from Lady Gaga to Neil Diamond, dancing, and jumping on couches. Ah-mazing.


Me and some of the other foreign teachers in the area.

With Kenichi.

With Nikki and Aya.

Manly men.

Co-workers and students.

Lovely ladies.

With Masa, the owner of the Ale House.

Jeff, Adam, Masayoshi.

Aya, Noriko, Yurie, Akiko.

Brianna and Brianna Cocktail.

My people.

Masaki - crazy face.

At the second party.

A little swing dancing.


Lovely teachers.


Karaoke!

As you can tell from these photos, I am so blessed to have met and become friends with all these incredible people. I will definitely miss them when I leave.

And if you want to see more photos and read more about my party, check out the Ale House blog. Written by "Master Masa" himself (pictured her with me, Aya, and his lovely wife, Yoko).


3 comments:

Angie said...

Hey Bri sensei!

I can't believe you are leaving! I was so sorry I couldn't see you during Golden Week when you were in Nagoya. I always love hanging out with with other Michiganders. (^_^) I was so happy to have met you and work with you over the past year and a half. I wish for you to have a safe trip home and good luck in your future. I know you'll be great at whatever you do!

All my best,

Angie

Kelly Haley said...

BRi- There is talk of a party sugar festival weekend. A good ol bon fire in honor of Bri being home. It still in the talks though! I can not wait to see you!

Kelly

Mary said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun!!