Japan Time

Sunday, March 21, 2010

What's been going on...

Sorry for such a big gap between my last post and this one. I didn't think it was humanly possible, but as spring is approaching, I am becoming busier and busier at work. Yikes.
But in my free time I've been enjoying spending time with new and old friends - and students and co-workers, too.
I'm really thankful for the friends that I've made here in Japan. Coming here over a year ago completely alone was really intimidating, but I've met and become friends with many great people, other foreigners and Japanese alike. It's been such a blessing. And I absolutely couldn't ask for better students or co-workers.

Last weekend, Aya hosted a girls night/nabe party at her apartment. Two teachers from a nearby town, Nikki and Asami, joined us. We had kimchi and sukiyaki nabe, my two favorites. We ate, drink, watched a chick flick and cried at the end in true girly fashion. It was great.







And purikura! Some shots of girls from the girls night/nabe party, Nikki and I before going to a little party in Shizuoka with other foreign teachers, me and Aya, and some students, too!








No comments: