Japan Time

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The transition has begun.

With about three weeks to go to my new chapter in Japan, I have been trying to prepare myself as best as I can. I've been reading the training materials from my company, staying in contact with my school and the teacher I am replacing, and trying to wrap things up at my current job for my own replacement.
Last night, some friends came over and helped me move two chairs, two bookcases, a dresser, a lamp, and a mattress into a big ol' van that I borrowed from Greg. I will be driving said van to my mom's today, where she will be the new owner of the aforementioned furniture.
(considering the van is jam-packed and the dresser is in the passenger seat and about one-third on the driver's seat, it should be interesting)
Now all my books are on the floor and all my clothes are in a laundry basket. My apartment is starting to look...emptier.
I will miss this apartment. I never intended to live in Saginaw, but I really do like my cute little place above a photography studio.

(P.S. - Is it weird that Styx's "Come Sail Away" is playing on the radio and I'm kind of identifying with it? I'm such a dork.)

No comments: