Japan Time

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A wonderful night.


My birthday was on Saturday, and to celebrate, I threw myself a going away/birthday party. I sent out the invitations about a month ago in hopes that many people could save the date in their calendars. And, I'm happy to say that there was a wonderful turnout.
It was at The Stables, a classy martini bar and cigar lounge. Years ago, it contained actual horse stables, which are now converted into private lounges with furniture and TVs.
At one point in the night, everyone from the party got up and sang "Leaving on a Jet Plane" and I definitely shed some tears. It really set in right then that I wouldn't be seeing all of these wonderful faces for a year or more.
I was so touched that so many people could make it to my party. It was a wonderful night and I felt very blessed to have my friends and family there to celebrate my birthday and my upcoming adventure.

No comments: