Japan Time

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A visit to the park and the beach.

Sorry I've been a blog slacker. It took me a while to get back in the groove of things after Golden Week, but now my life has resumed its normal routine of work and very short weekends.
Yesterday I went to a park and beach near Fujieda with Hiromi and Rob. The park was really pretty with many different kinds of flowers and herbs, and a huge lawn with beautiful grass that we laid in for a while. And the beach was glorious.







My first time to the Statue of Liberty in person...in Japan. Strange.



Okay, so here's one of the most bizarre things I've seen in my six months in Japan:

Man pulls up to the beach and parks his truck.

Man opens a cage in the bed of his truck and pulls out a live chicken.

Man puts the chicken into a box and sets the box on the ground.

Man pulls out a somewhat professional looking camera and begins photographing the chicken in the box.

This continues for about five minutes.

Man puts the chicken back in its cage, the box in his truck, himself in the driver's seat, and drives away.

Oh, Japan.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Loved the pictures, just wanted you to know I was thinking bout you. I hope all is well!

Hiromi said...

Our new beach anthem.
"Do you know the chicken man, the chicken man, the chicken man....who comes to Shizunami beach."
I still can't get over what we saw there!!

Mike Yoder said...

I want to find that chicken man. Hey we should go to Fuji sometime this summer!