Japan Time

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Okonomiyaki - round two.

So, as promised, here are some photos of the okonomiyaki restaurant that Hiromi and I checked out last weekend - and this weekend, too!


big okonomiyaki flipper thingy




we had spring rolls to start with this time


this is Akane - the same waitress we had last time



Hiromi got some noodle-type okonomiyaki this time


and here's mine - the "king of okonomiyaki" as it kind of translates into English


okonomiyaki sauce


and fish flakes - a common Japanese food-topper




for some reason, there's a cotton candy and snowcone machine there

And here's a video of me attempting to flip my okonomiyaki. I look like I just won a Japanese gameshow at the end - that's fine:

2 comments:

The Other Wook said...

Hahahaha... looks like a fun time. Reminds me of Chris Farley: "Mother of mercy! I don't speak Japanese!"

pamjean48818 said...

Made me Smile!...
Great to see you and hear you. Love You!