Japan Time

Monday, March 23, 2009

'Twas a loverly day...

Today's weather was much better than yesterday's, so I packed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some green tea, a good book, and my camera, and headed out to Rengeji Park. I visited it for the first time in January and it was great then; but now that the weather is warmer and plants are in bloom, it's really beautiful.

I found a nice spot and camped out for a while, just enjoying the sun and my book. Here's a video from where I spent most of the day:

After a few hours I decided to take a walk around. Rengeji is a huge park with lots of little things to see, so it wasn't difficult to keep myself occupied for a while:


ahhhh, it's been so long since my extremely pale legs have seen the sun...






i even found some cherry blossoms! my first time to see Japan's most popular flower.









On the way home I made a quick stop at a cemetery to get a few shots. Japanese cemeteries are so different than American ones - I can't resist stopping when I pass by one:






Oh, and I also found another secondhand store, which makes FIVE in Fujieda (that I've discovered...there could be more). Best town ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics! They even make the park looks nicer than it actually is. Japanese cemetaries are nothing new to me but then again they look like one of the coolest places in Fujieda in your pics. Your pics are so magical :)